IMMEDIATE START: Trainer and Assessor
We are seeking an experienced trainer to deliver a Certificate III in Individual Support to a group of profoundly deaf adults who use Auslan (Australian Sign Language) as their primary mode of communication. You will be supported by 2 Auslan interpreters throughout the entire duration of the course. Reasonable adjustment to the training and assessment strategy will be required to support this learning group. Role is located in Brisbane Rocklea. Fixed Term Contract, 2 Days per week for 20 weeks
The goal of the training is to provide a pathway to employment. While the participants are all very excited about the training opportunity they are also nervous as they have negative memories of school education and the failure they felt. We want to make this a positive experience for them.
Reporting to the Lead Trainer and Project Lead, this role will
- Deliver engaging training in a classroom based environment in accordance with CHARLTON BROWN® Scope of Registration.
- Collation, revision and assessment of written and practical course work, including recording and management of student files to a standard required by audit guidelines.
- Preparation of learning materials, course resources and the classroom environment ready for training delivery.
- Maintaining effective working relationship with employers and vocational placement organisations.
About the applicant:
The ideal candidate will be a person who thrives in a dynamic team environment and has extensive experience in the fast-paced education environment providing quality training and assessment services to multi-cultural groups of students.
Must have the following:
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Recent experience as a Trainer and Assessor
- Industry currency in the Early Childhood sector
- Strong PC skills – email, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation preparation and industry specific applications (preferred)
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Develop and deliver information to diverse range of students and customers
- Proven customer service orientation and a team player
- A love of learning and passion for education
- Self-managed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Outcome focused and professional
- Hold their own ABN and Public Liability Insurance (or willingness to obtain these requirements)
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check
- Experience with Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people is an advantage but not required
To apply, please email Praneel@charltonbrown.com.au with a cover letter outlining your ability to meet this project brief along with your CV and contact details.