VET Student Loans assistance is a loan from the Commonwealth. The loan will remain as a personal debt obligation until it is repaid to the Commonwealth. The loan may affect (by reducing) your take-home (after-tax) wage or salary, and may affect your borrowing capacity until the debt is repaid to the Commonwealth. Students are required to repay this loan through the taxation system once they earn $55,874 (2017/18 financial year).
This Commonwealth Government program allows you to access loans for courses that:
- have a high national priority
- meet industry needs
- contribute to addressing skills shortages
- lead to employment outcomes
When you enrol in a course of approved study with CHARLTON BROWN, you will be required to complete a Request for VET Student Loan form. When you sign this form you are applying for a VET Student Loan for the loan cap for the VET qualification you will study. You will be charged for the qualification on a unit by unit basis.
For every unit of study in the qualification there is a Census Date. Your VET Student Loan will be debited for any tuition fees that remain unpaid after choosing to continue each census date. If you choose to withdraw from a unit of study prior to the Census date, there will be no tuition fee for this unit added to your loan.
CHARLTON BROWN has been granted approved provider status to deliver the following qualifications under the VET Student Loan Program:
VET Student Loan Eligibility
To be eligible for VET Student Loans you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or
- a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- not have exceeded the FEE HELP limit
- be enrolled with an approved course provider in an approved course
- be studying the approved course primarily at a campus in Australia
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements
- have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt
- have read the 2017 VET Student Loans information booklet
- have been provided the required documents to CHARLTON BROWN and submitted the loan application form by the first census day.
Before you can access a VET Student Loan, CHARLTON BROWN must also determine if you have the ability to undertake the course. CHARLTON BROWN will ask you to:
- provide your Australian Year 12 Certificate, or
- provide evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English), or
- display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
In addition, CHARLTON BROWN must reasonably believe you will be able to successfully complete the course.
Applying for Admission
Contract our friendly team of Career and Training Advisers today get your career in care kick-started. Phoning (07) 3216 0288 to discuss your studies and receive and application form.
Please read the below documents prior to applying:
- Pre-Enrolment Information for VET Student Loan students
- VET Student Loan Admission Policy and Procedure
- Re-Crediting a FEE-HELP Balance Procedure – VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans Fees and Schedules
You will be charged for the qualification on a unit by unit basis. For every unit of study in the qualification there is a Census Date as outlined in the VET Student Loan Schedule. Your VET Student Loan will be debited for any tuition fees that remain unpaid after choosing to continue each census date. If you choose to withdraw from a unit of study prior to the Census date, there will be no tuition fee for this unit added to your loan.
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
|VET Student Loan Cap||$10,000||$10,000|
|Gap Fee||$0||$2,500 (invoiced monthly)|
|Additional Fees||Students are required to obtain a National Police Clearance|
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Full-Time On Campus VET Student Loan Schedules
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Part-Time Distance VET Student Loan Schedules
|27 March 2017 Intake||10 April 2017 Intake|
|24 April 2017 Intake||22 May 2017 Intake|
To read our Statement of Tuition Assurance, click here.
From 1 July 2017, you will be required to demonstrate you are progressing through your course and that you wish to continue accessing a VET Student Loan as your payment option.
To do this, you will need to log in online to the Commonwealth Government’s website during the year to acknowledge acceptance of the loan you will receive for the course. You will receive communication regarding your ongoing engagement and be provided a strict deadline for response. Failure to notify the Department of your ongoing studies may result in the cessation of any further loan availability.