VET Student Loans assistance is a loan from the Commonwealth. The loan will remain as a personal debt obligation until it is repaid to the Commonwealth. The loan may affect (by reducing) your take-home (after-tax) wage or salary, and may affect your borrowing capacity until the debt is repaid to the Commonwealth. Students are required to repay this loan through the taxation system once they earn $54,869 (2016/2017 income year).
When you enrol in a course of approved study with CHARLTON BROWN, you will be required to complete a Request for VET Student Loan form. When you sign this form you are applying for a VET Student Loan for the loan cap for the VET qualification you will study. You will be charged for the qualification on a unit by unit basis.
For every unit of study in the qualification there is a Census Date. Your VET Student Loan will be debited for any tuition fees that remain unpaid after choosing to continue each census date. If you choose to withdraw from a unit of study prior to the Census date, there will be no tuition fee for this unit added to your loan.
This Commonwealth Government program allows you to access loans for courses that:
– have a high national priority
– meet industry needs
– contribute to addressing skills shortages
– lead to employment outcomes
CHARLTON BROWN has been granted approved provider status until 30 June 2017 to deliver the following course under the VET Student Loan Program:
To be eligible for a VET Student Loan you must meet the following criteria
You must be:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- Not exceeded the FEE HELP limit.
- Enrolled with an approved course provider in an approved course.
- Studying the approved course primarily at a campus in Australia.
- Meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements.
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt.
- Have read the 2017 VET Student Loans information booklet.
- Provided the required documents to CHARLTON BROWN and submitted the loan application form by the first census day.
Before you can access a VET Student Loan, CHARLTON BROWN must also determine if you have the ability to undertake the course. CHARLTON BROWN will ask you to:
-provide your Australian Year 12 Certificate, or
-provide evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English), or
-display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
In addition, CHARLTON BROWN must reasonably believe you will be able to successfully complete the course.
Contract our friendly enrolments team today to get your career in care kick-started by phoning 1300 626 643 or filling in our online form here:
Please read the below documents prior to applying:
- Pre-Enrolment Information for VET Student Loan students
- VET Student Loan Admission Policy and Procedure
- Re-Crediting a FEE-HELP Balance Procedure – VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans Fees and Census Dates
|Full-Time On Campus VET Student Loan Schedules||Part-Time Distance VET Student Loan Schedules|
|27 March 2017 Intake||10 April 2017 Intake|
|24 April 2017 Intake||22 May 2017 Intake|