CHARLTON BROWN® is committed to providing high school students in Year 11 and 12 with high quality VET training in order to advance their career potential. With three nationally accredited programs available for VET in Schools, students have the opportunity to start their career in care by completing entry level qualifications for child care, aged care or disability.
2020 VET in Schools Program
Vocational education and training (VET) is learning which is directly related to work. Courses are developed by industry to give people the knowledge and skills required for employment.
VET In Schools
• Program is delivered over seven (7) school terms from Term 1 Year 11 to Term 3 Year 12
• All CHARLTON BROWN® developed and branded learning materials, assessments, PowerPoints, benchmark answers are provided to the school on a ‘Master USB’
• We provide an academic visit once per term and ongoing administrative support
• $80 per term (full cost for the units qualification = $560).* first aid will be an extra cost
• Students gain eight (8) credit points towards the Queensland Certificate of Education
• Class numbers are set by the school, no minimum
• We can work with a school’s designated trainer to deliver the training
• CHARLTON BROWN® trainers can also deliver the training. *additional fees involved
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
Training and Assessment Requirements
Schools are required to provide a qualified teacher/trainer, who holds a discipline related qualification, industry currency and the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. CHARLTON BROWN® will provide a complimentary recognition of prior learning assessment for the nominated teacher/trainer to the current qualification.